Reservation & Booking Checklist for Booking Agents
- Check latest availability online or call for dates and space openings.
- Always book your clients into the trips most guaranteed to depart and that’s closest to the dates your clients wanted. Know trip minimums for supplier.
- Call supplier to confirm space and date availability.
- Make reservation with a deposit and written letter or fax. Ask for written confirmation from supplier.
- Fax cancellation/release of liability form for your guests signature.
- Have them mail a hard copy of release with original signature to you.
- Fax hard copy of reservation form to suppliers main office.
- Mail your check payable to supplier immediately. Reservations will usually be held from booking agents only up to 5 business days without a deposit.
- Know your suppliers terms, conditions and your commissions in writing. Update annually if necessary.
- Know when commissions are earned and to be subtracted from payments.
- Mail complete confirmation packet to your client’s:Cover letter encouraging returning the release forms and referring their friends and family to join them on their trip if there’s space. (More commissions)
- General Information – frequently asked questions, where to meet, special considerations, etc.
- Sample itinerary
- Special clothing & equipment rules. Suggestions on where to buy.
- General Overview of region.
- Additional reading material list or book gift.
- Upon receiving the signed originals cancellation/release of liability forms from your client’s, please mail to suppliers main office.
Matching the right guest with the right adventure
- Call if you have any questions about food, lodging, comfort, safety, activities, mixing different groups, etc.
- Make sure your clients are fully aware of the level of comfortable and exertion the itinerary calls for.
- It’s better to exceed guest expectations then the opposite.
- A savvy supplier will support your success. Create strong relations. You need each other. Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Check to see if there’s are slides available for your public presentations.
- A promotional video may be available that you can put your contact information on.
- See if there’s print and electronic marketing copy used before successfully by the suppliers to sell a trip that you can use too.
- Often suppliers will provide co-op money for advertising, public presentations. Ask for it.