- President / Founder
- Adventure Business Consultants
Tourism Tim Warren has over 25 years of professional experience in a variety of industries all focused on business development, sales, marketing, management, strategic planning and entrepreneurial enterprises. This in-depth business knowledge helped “Tourism Tim” launch Adventure Business Consultants in 1994, an international tourism marketing and business consulting firm with an emphasis on outdoor tourism: adventure travel, ecotourism, nature tourism, rural tourism and outdoor education. He is a creative and innovative marketer, author, communicator; works well with others and is a hands-on problem solver. Tourism Tim Warren is committed to creating solutions and profitable results for his client using marketing communications, media, E-marketing and relationships.
Tim’s experience in the adventure travel business comes from the ground up. He began by providing strategic planning and marketing for his brother’s company, Baja AirVentures, a fly-in surfing tour operation since the late 80’s. In 1993, responding the needs of their tourism clients and the growing adventure travel market, Tim co-founded La Unica Wilderness Retreat and La Unica Ecolodge, both multi-sport soft adventure wilderness destinationa on the Sea of Cortez. Through Tim’s involvement in the travel industry, he saw a need for business and marketing services for adventure travel and ecotourism operators. His great pleasure comes by helping his clients making a living fulfilling their dreams to work in the outdoor
“Tim has done a knockout job over the years helping us develop our Alaska dog mushing tour operation and fishing lodge tourism business. He assists in all our advertising, web site development, search engine optimization, brochures, correspondence, targeted emails, newsletters, etc. I totally enjoy working with Tim, he knows his way around the tourism business like no one else.”
Jerry Austin, Austin’s Alaska Adventures
- Author – Tourism Marketing Success, online course
- Outdoor Writers Association of California
- Board member -2003 – 2006
- Vice President elect – 2004
- Marketing Communication Chair
- Supporting Members Committee Chair
- Founder – Outdoor Tourism Business Alliance
- A featured workshop trainer and speaker at the Annual World Congress of Adventure Travel and Ecotourism in 1999, 2000 & 2001.
- Advisory Board member – International Adventure Travel & Outdoor Sports Show – Chicago
- Tele-seminar leader for the ’04 Adventure in Travel Expo – New York
- Founder and editor of AdventureBizSuccess.com
- Co-founder of La Unica Wilderness Retreat in Baja, Mexico featured in Sunset magazine and many other International print and televised media’s
- Co-founder of Las Animas Ecolodge, TripAdvisor #1 Specialty Lodging, Baja California
- Workshop leader twice for the Mongolian Tourism Association in Ulaan Bataar, Mongolia.
- Contributing Editor to Adventure Travel Business Magazine
- Guest Editor and contributing writer for The Outdoor Network newsletter
- A workshop presenter at the Adventrav trade show – Atlanta, 1998
- A contributor to California Humboldt State University’s Institute for Ecological Tourism curriculum.
- A guest at the ’99 awards banquet for the Iditarod dog sled race, Nome, Alaska.
- Tourism Tim Warren and Adventure Business Consultants was an official marketing, publicity and business coach for the Adventure Travel Trade Association membership benefit program.
- Tim provides tourism marketing and business articles for the new resources library section of the International Ecotourism Society’s web site.
- Wilderness 1st Aide – Certified 2001
- Leadership Santa Rosa – Class IX Graduate, 1994
- Lifespring – Basic & Advanced course graduate, 1993
- Ambassadors Club – Chair , Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce, CA, 1992
- Glider Pilot – Federal Aviation Administration license, 1980 – present
- Athenian Outward Bound, Graduate – Sierra Nevada Mountains, CA, 1975
An international business major and president of the student body in college, Tourism Tim Warren lives in Northern California, is semi-fluent in Spanish, a certified Tele-Seminar instructor, a graduate of Outward Bound, Leadership Santa Rosa and LifeSpring. Tim is a licensed glider pilot, experienced ultralight aircraft pilot and all around outdoor participant and sportsman. Tim promotes and sells adventure travel successfully because he loves it and lives it!